Please read the Booking Conditions carefully and retain a copy for your records when making a booking.
MILL BECK (“The Property”)
- The main condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of the property and contents and it is left as clean and tidy as we (“The Owners”) intend you (“The Holidaymaker”) to find it. This care is to include all utensils, crockery, equipment and linen. While you may not necessarily be charged for minor items, you should be aware that all damages and breakages are The Holidaymaker’s responsibility and their cost shall be repayable on demand. A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £100 is payable. This deposit is intended to be used to offset (a) the cost of remedying any damages, breakages or losses sustained by The Owners or (b) any unbudgeted costs incurred for restoring the property to a suitably clean and tidy condition as will be expected by the next party of visitors or (c) excessive usage of utilities. This deposit must be paid by bank transfer at least TWO WEEKS before the start of your stay and will be refunded in full by bank transfer within 7 days following the end of your stay unless funds are required, in which case you will be notified in writing of the amount deducted – the balance being forwarded to you.
- Holidays are from 3.00pm on arrival day until 10.00am on departure day. Keys are collected from and returned to the designated key holder as detailed in your booking confirmation. You will receive full travelling instructions after you have paid the full rental charge. These include a contact telephone number for the designated key holder. You should call if you anticipate arriving late so that arrangements can be made to welcome you.
- Bookings usually run from Saturday to Saturday for one week holidays. Shorter breaks are available for 3 nights commencing Friday. See Booking Calendar for more details and price bands.
- A non-refundable deposit of one third of the rental is payable at the time of booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before the first day of the holiday. When a booking is made less than 8 weeks before arrival the full rental is payable at the time of booking. We are only able to accept payment by way of cheques or bank transfer which must have cleared through the banking system before the letting can commence.
- Following receipt of the Booking Form and Deposit, you will be sent Confirmation of Booking. A contract is thus formed between you and The Owners and you are responsible for the balance of any rental.
- The property is offered on the understanding that no more than four people shall use it.
- If for any reason beyond The Owners’ control the property is not available or has been rendered unsuitable for letting (e.g. by fire damage or some system fault) on the date booked, all rent and charges paid by The Holidaymaker will be refunded in full but there shall be no further claim against The Owners.
- No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to The Holidaymaker or any member of the party or any invited person or any car and its contents or any possession of The Holidaymaker or any member of the party as defined above.
- Pets are not permitted in any circumstances.
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes and vaping) is not permitted anywhere inside the property
- Electricity, gas, local telephone calls, tea towels and bed linen are included in the rent. Towels are available at an additional charge of £5 per person per week/short break and should be requested at the time of booking.
- The Property is equipped with sufficient crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment, dining and easy chairs, beds, duvets and bed linen for four people. A baby/toddler package comprising travel cot, highchair and toddler step is available at no extra charge and should be requested at the time of booking. We regret we are unable to provide baby bedding and linen. A reasonable amount of washing up liquid, dishwasher and washing machine detergents is provided in accordance with the length of your stay.
- The Property has a designated parking space for one car only.
- If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage, this must be reported to the designated key holder immediately, otherwise the matter cannot be fully investigated. It is too late to report it after the holiday. While we will do everything reasonably within our power to effect speedy repairs to The Property and/or furnishings or equipment or facility that may be faulty or fail during your holiday, no guarantees are given and no refunds will be made should any such fault failure or breakdown occur and not be immediately rectifiable or rectified.
- At the time of preparation, no VAT is applicable, but if the situation changes and it becomes payable, it will have to be added to the rental.
- In the event of cancellation the rental is payable in full. We will do our best to re-let and if successful would normally return the balance of rental less a handling charge. The deposit would not be refunded in such cases. You are therefore recommended to consider taking out cancellation insurance cover.
Mr & Mrs P Farmer
Tel: +44(0)1827 330941 Mobile: +44(0)7790 594940