Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage, we or us||Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage of The Rookery, Freasley, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 2EZ;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.millbeckcottage.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trust and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage is the “data controller”. This means that Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through other means;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
- Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- Cumbria Tourism and affiliates
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for your legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we will need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product / service, and we are marketing similar products / services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent ad given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your specific consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we will provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share your Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and /or professional advisers – to obtain advice from professional advisers;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the Website runs smoothly’
- relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacly policy or until you request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right of access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for hits, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request. we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquires, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to how your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if you Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Peter Farmer & Vicky Farmer trading as Mill Beck Cottage by email at firstname.lastname@example.org